Opportunity Overview: The Institute for Sustainability (IfS), an AIChE Technological Community, seeks two (2) volunteers to support business development by reviewing research on trending sustainability topics. The volunteer will manage the research submitted by other IfS volunteers in order to compile relevant items into monthly newsletters, which will be distributed to IfS members in order to inform and facilitate timely, innovative, relevant products and services that serve IfS membership and contribute to sustainability progress.
This is a great opportunity for students and professionals who want to start a career in sustainability; new volunteers looking to become exposed to the IfS volunteer community and transition to more involved volunteer positions; anyone desiring to build content knowledge and editing skills.
- Collaborate with other Research Assistant Managers in order to compile relevant research for monthly newsletters
- Review and manage other volunteers’ research and report to IfS staff via email weekly
- Provide Research Assistant volunteers with constructive feedback on their submissions
- Organize relevant information in a structured, straightforward, and succinct manner, being inclusive of key findings, noting prevailing trends, major changes and developments, particularly ones directly impacting ongoing or planned IfS projects
- Total commitment 15 hours monthly
- 3 month commitment with option to extend (by 3 months at a time) indefinitely
- Commit to monthly call (30 min) to discuss key trends with IfS staff member and/or volunteers
- Apply knowledge of industry and sustainability to analyze research and identify new opportunities and innovative projects relevant to IfS goals
- Excellent research, analytical and writing skills in English
- Ability to succinctly present only key information
- Basic understanding of sustainability topics and willingness to learn independently
- Initiative, high level of autonomy, good work ethic, creativity