The Institute for Sustainability (IfS), an AIChE Technological Community, seeks volunteers to support business development by conducting research on trending sustainability topics. The volunteer will follow news stories on policy, business, industry and market trends, technological advances in a variety of industrial sectors, and other current events relating to the state of sustainability and environmental protection nationally and globally. Research Assistants will report key findings to IfS staff to inform and facilitate timely, innovative, relevant products and services that serve IfS membership and contribute to sustainability progress.
This is a great opportunity for students and professionals who want to start a career in sustainability; new volunteers looking to become exposed to the IfS volunteer community and transition to more involved volunteer positions; anyone desiring to build content knowledge and writing skills.
- Perform ongoing research and report to IfS staff via email weekly
- Total commitment 5-10 hours monthly
- 3 month commitment with option to extend (by 3 months at a time) indefinitely
- Apply knowledge of industry and sustainability to analyze research and identify new opportunities and innovative projects relevant to IfS goals
- Report succinct summary of key findings, noting prevailing trends, major changes and developments, particularly ones directly impacting ongoing or planned IfS projects
Anyone with a passion for sustainability and environmental protection is encouraged to apply regardless of experience.
- Excellent research, analytical and writing skills in English
- Ability to succinctly present only key information
- Basic understanding of sustainability topics and willingness to learn independently
- Initiative, high level of autonomy, good work ethic, creativity