ChEnected is looking for guest writers to contribute blog posts on career, academic, or technical topics. Express your opinion, build your online reputation in a positive way, and share knowledge with members and the engineering community at large. Examples of current guest posts include:
The types of posts we’re looking for:
- News, insights and opinions on topics such as biological engineering, food-energy-water nexus, alternative energy, chemicals, process engineering, process safety, and more.
- Leaders that inspire – blog about someone who has inspired your career. Mentor/mentee relationships – blog about someone who mentored you and what that experience was like.
- Conference Report – Share your experience attending an AIChE or related conference, sharing highlights and insights.
- Videos from YouTube, Ted Talks, etc. that you find interesting. Share a summary and your thoughts with readers.
- Report a plant experience – Are you working in a plant? Share 3 important lessons you learned from that experience.
- Book reviews – Can be related or not related to chemical engineering but something that would interest the community.
- Getting that first job – Are you a young professional who just landed a job? Share your story — how you did it and lessons learned — with the ChEnected audience.
- Pitch an idea for a single blog post. Your pitch should be clear and concise, demonstrating an understanding of the english language, grammar, and punctuation.
- Write a blog post of a maximum of 600 words (shorter posts, divided by sections/subheads, work well).
- Provide a bio and photo of yourself (or an updated Engage profile).
Be an enthusiastic AIChE member or non-member who's involved in the chemical engineering community with an ability to write.
AIChE does reserve the right to refuse to publish inappropriate posts or those that do not meet editorial standards. All posts must be original and written by you.