Disciplined chemical engineer experienced with enabling the successful operation, turnaround, and commissioning of refining processes. Adept at troubleshooting systems at the commercial and pilot plant scales by analyzing large sets of process data and performing field gemba walks. Worked extensively with customers and co-workers internationally, communicating across language and cultural barriers. Adaptable to new processes and technology groups, leveraging a strong foundation in unit operations, transport phenomena, thermodynamics, and process control.
Six Sigma Green Belt certified after utilizing tools such as FMEA, root cause analysis, and process mapping to identify improvements in work process efficiencies for pilot plant testing. Strong background in process development provides additional perspective for long-term improvements in systems.
Known as a reliable, thorough, and self-motivated engineer who takes on increasing levels of responsibility and leadership. Leverages aptitude for cross-functional technical communication and teamwork to drive change. Able to effectively collaborate on projects across language and cultural barriers.
- Process and product development
- Pilot plant operation
- Technical Communication
- Creating and using mass and energy balances to evaluate system performance
- Root-cause analysis of process deficiencies using large data sets in Microsoft Excel
- Refinery operations and commissioning
- Field inspection services
- Piping walkdowns and punchlisting using P&IDs
- Lean Six Sigma
- Fluid Catalytic Cracking (FCC)
- Naphtha Reforming
- Gas Processing; Absorptive Carbon Capture
- Process design in Aspen