09’89-01’18 with M/s. Nagarjuna Fertilizers & Chemicals Ltd. (NFCL), Kakinada as General Manager Projects
· 2 Nos. of Large Capacity Urea Plants with 5 lac MTPA Capacity each
· Carbon Dioxide Recovery Plant (From flue gases of Primary reformer stack )with1.5 lac MTPA Capacity.
· Increased Production Capacity of 2 nos. Ammonia Plants each by around 25%.
· Increased Production Capacity of 2 nos. Urea Plants each by around 25%.
· Commissioning & GTR of NFL-Nangal Urea Plantseach by around 30%.
· New Ammonia Converter Installation, Catalyst Loading, Commissioning & Operation of (S-300) of 1350 MTPD capacity.
· Spearheaded “Energy Reduction Project” from 5.6 G.Cals to 5.41 G.cals/MT of Urea at NFCL.
· Conducted the following feasibility studies:
o For capacity enhancement Project study of Ammonia Plants with M/s. KBR for implementation of Brown Purifier at NFCL. For studying of Brown Purifier, NFL NANGAL Plant was visited.
o Complex energy reduction to approximately 5.3 G. Cals/ MT of Urea and ~15% increase in capacity withM/s. HaldorTopsoe+M/s SAIPEM, M/s KBR+M/s. Stamicarbon combinations.
o To enhance complex production to ~ 6.5 Lakh MT/annum and reduce energy to ~5.04 G. Cals/MT of Urea with M/s. CASALE technology.
o New stream of Ammonia and Urea of KBR Ammonia (2200 MTPD Capacity) & SAIPEM Urea (3860 MTPD Capacity)
· Written and published total 12 numbers of articles / papers (about plant performance improvement, commissioning of Ammonia & Urea Plants) in international and national magazines.
· Spearheaded detail engineering, installation and commissioning of Ammonia & Urea plants revamping. Installed and commissioned of Carbon Di Oxide Removal Plant (CDR). Revamp of Ammonia & Urea Plants completed within scheduled period of 24 months, CDR project completed 2.5 months in advance of scheduled time and GTR was successful
· Coordinated between M/s PDIL & Vendors, conducted intermediate inspections, undertaken final testing, transportation, erection, piping, instrumentation, electrical activities & commissioning
· Delivered presentations to Andhra Pradesh Pollution Control Board for pollution clearance
· Visited M/s HaldorTopsoe, Denmark office with a aim to implement HTER- HaldorTopsoe Exchanger Reformer Scheme to increase ammonia plant capacity from 1325 MTPD to 1400 MTPD (2010)
Deputy General Manager
· Contributed in elevating overall production capacity by around 2 lakh MT of Urea for the complex
· BaggedAppreciation Letter & Cash Award from the Director & COO for successful project implementation in 2009
· Implemented many modifications in Ammonia and Urea Plants viz., Enhanced production capacity in CO2 removal section (GV)etc, steered efforts in increasing Urea plants with installation of MP, LP & NH3 Condensers, Dist. OVHD Condenser, additional Vacuum System.
· Installed and commissioned customize fertilizer unit
Head of the Department (HOD)
· Achieved production, energy, safety and environment targets of Ammonia Plant -1 and Urea Plant-1.
· Improved installation of new ammonia converter (S-300) which included detail engineering, erection, catalyst loading, commissioning and GTR. Managed parallel operation of S300+ S200, which had resulted in savings of 30,000 G. Cals/annum (2007-2008)
· Successfully managed planned turnarounds of Ammonia plant & Urea plant.
Senior Manager – Ammonia Production
· Implemented replacement of combustion air pre-heater and primary reformer burner tip cones and improved overall performance of furnace
· Modified process air coil in primary reformer convection zone, Replaced tubes in final gas cooler, NH3 wash section condenser & installed higher capacity new synthesis loop water cooler
· Received appreciation letter for Superior Performance (2004-05).
· Managed planned turnarounds of Ammonia Plant
Manager- Production/ Section Head(Urea Plant-1)
· Achieved production target, reduced ammonia losses, improved product quality, modified major H.P loop equipment and surpassed production and energy targets
· Took part in “Energy Efficiency Study” for Europian Ammonia &Urea plants
· Deputed on behalf of M/s UREA CASALE as Commissioning Engineer, performed troubleshooting and successfully commissioning.
· Managed planned turnarounds of Urea plants
· Attained production target, energy, safety & environment parameters and managed planned turnarounds of urea plants
· Commissioned Urea Plant II of 1725 MTPD capacity.
Shift In-charge- Urea Plant – I/Assistant Shift In-charge of Urea Plant
· Contributed in Basic Engineering, Detail Engineering, Erection & Commissioning of Urea plant- II of 1725 MTPD capacity (Technology Supplier: SnamProgetti)
· Handled shift activities of running the plant at full capacity, maintaining safety and environmental parameters, start up and shut down activities.
· Installed M/s.CASALE trays in Urea Reactor.