Welcome to AIChE Engage!
Here are a few tips for getting started.
1. Log in at engage.aiche.org, using the same login you use for AIChE's main site. Having problems signing in? Contact Customer Service for help.
2. Fill out your profile. We want to get to know you! You can either fill out your profile manually, or you can import some of your information from LinkedIn.
- Be sure to also fill out the Industry, Job Function, and Education areas--these will help your like-minded
peers find you!
- Uploading a profile picture and a bio that show your personality
is a great way to ensure that you make a good impression on the
3. Customize your profile settings. Start by finding My
Account in your member profile. From here, you can set up how you want
to receive emails from Engage, how much of your profile you
want visible to other members, the signature area that appears under
your discussion posts, and more. If you have any questions about what a
certain setting means, please email the Community Manager for help! PRO TIP: We
recommend subscribing to receive emails from Engage as a
Daily Digest --that will send you a single email each day summarizing
the hottest topics on the community. You can also get emails in Real
Time--perfect for Engage power users or anyone who likes
up-to-the-minute alerts on what's going on.
4. Build your contact list. First, select a directory from
the top navigation bar. Then, use the member search to find friends and
colleagues belonging to AIChE. Creating a contact list helps
us to identify relationships and build searchable networks, which you can access via your profile. PRO TIP: You can add users as contacts from the directory page or their individual user profile.
5. What now? It's time to join the conversation! Explore the discussions here.
- Let us know you’re here. Say hello and share what you are hoping to gain by participating.
- Ask questions. What do you want to know more about? Have a question about anything from professional development to technical problems? There's someone out there with the answer.
- Share ideas. Is there a hot topic you want to discuss?
How about a lesson you've learned that might help your fellow members?
Start a discussion thread or a blog post to give others a peek inside
- Give feedback. Use your knowledge and experience to
answer other members' questions. Just click "Reply to Discussion" to the
right of any discussion post, or comment underneath a library entry or
- Spread knowledge. Upload useful resources to the Engage library, check out what others have uploaded, and keep the sharing going.
We're so glad to have you as a part of AIChE Engage. Enjoy!