AIChE Engage is for AIChE members and others to share ideas, thoughts, and experiences pertaining to chemical engineering and/or its related disciplines. As the host of these communities, AIChE is committed to creating a fun and beneficial experience for all. These communities do not exist to foster attacks against AIChE or other members. Any attacks, personal criticisms, or threats are outside of the defined purpose for AIChE’s online community and will not be tolerated.
1. Stay on topic. Good contributions help the entire community by providing relevant, insightful information or asking important questions. If your post contains anything unrelated to the topic of the forum or article, it may be removed.
2. Make your subject line concise, accurate and specific. This makes it easier for people to respond appropriately and to search the archives by subject. Remember your readers and try to follow standard email etiquette. Use the "Reply to Sender" link to the left of every message to send messages such as "thanks for the information" or "me, too" to individuals-not to the entire list.
3. Be honest, be yourself. The community is intended for the helpful exchange of information between members. False, inaccurate, or otherwise misleading information is not helpful. Please be sincere in your community participation by only contributing content you know is accurate. Be mindful to respect the "closed" environment of AIChE’s online communities and do not forward messages to people who are not members of the community.
4. Keep it clean, keep it friendly. Every post should make a positive contribution. The community is open to all points of view on the intended topics; mature, polite debate is encouraged. Attacks or cyber-bullying will not be tolerated. The community is meant to stimulate conversation and trigger the exchange of information (technical, career-related) not to create contention. Contradictory opinions are of course welcomed, but should always be thoughtful and respectful, rather than emotional, impulsive or anger-driven (you’d be surprised, it happens). Do not post anything that you wouldn’t want the world to see or that you would not want anyone to know came from you.
5. Keep it about Chemical Engineering. AIChE Engage is a place to discuss chemical engineering, its related disciplines, professional development and education. It is not a discussion forum for politics or religion. When citing sources with respect to chemical engineering, use only technically reputable sources.
6. Keep marketing efforts separate; minimize clutter. Respect the community's purpose by not using it as a marketing channel or submitting any content you've been paid or otherwise rewarded by a third party to write. Any marketing or sales related content will be removed immediately. Refrain from posting any sales or promotional offers, messaging, or materials for your business. All postings should intend to yield fruitful discussions. Career or job-related posts are welcome in the spirit of discussion. If you're a recruiter or employer, do not attempt to create a job board.
7. Use the right channels for complaints and inquiries. AIChE online communities are not the appropriate platforms to resolve personal issues or start disputes against any member or organization. Posts of this nature will be removed. Correspondence with AIChE staff liaisons should be handled via private email and not the discussion forum. Customer service inquires should be addressed to customer service at http://www.aiche.org/contact.
8. Submit only your own, original content. Help us maintain the community's integrity and observe the intellectual property rights of others by only submitting content you have personally written or else used with permission and properly attributed. The community should not be used to distribute unauthorized copies of any copyrighted material. See the legal stuff below.
AIChE reserves the right to take immediate action on any post that we feel violates the rules of conduct outlined above. That action includes, but is not limited to, issuing warnings, removing content and terminating accounts and/or subscriptions.
AIChE reserves the right to remove any content we deem inappropriate for use in the community, and/or to revoke any member's access to the community at any time and for any reason. However, because situations and interpretations vary, we also reserve the right to take no action. These terms and code of conduct may be modified at any time, and your continued use of the community signifies your assent to such modified terms.
If you are victim of, or witness to inappropriate content in any of the AIChE online communities’ discussion threads, resource libraries, or member profiles, please notify AIChE immediately by emailing our Community Manager at communitymanager@AIChE.org.
The Legal Stuff
Use caution when discussing products. Information posted on the lists and in the libraries is available for all to see, and comments are subject to libel, slander, and antitrust laws.
This site is provided as a service for the members of AIChE. AIChE is not responsible for the opinions and information posted on this site by others. We disclaim all warranties with regard to information posted on this site, whether posted by AIChE or any third party; this disclaimer includes all implied warranties of merchantability and fitness. In no event shall AIChE be liable for any special, indirect, or consequential damages or any damages whatsoever resulting from loss of use, data, or profits, arising out of or in connection with the use or performance of any information posted on this site.
Do not post any defamatory, abusive, profane, threatening, offensive, or illegal materials. Do not post any information or other material protected by copyright without the permission of the copyright owner. By posting material, the posting party warrants and represents that he or she owns the copyright with respect to such material or has received permission from the copyright owner. In addition, the posting party grants AIChE and users of this site the nonexclusive right and license to display, copy, publish, distribute, transmit, print, and use such information or other material.
Messages should not be posted if they encourage or facilitate members to arrive at any agreement that either expressly or impliedly leads to price fixing, a boycott of another's business, or other conduct intended to illegally restrict free trade. Messages that encourage or facilitate an agreement about the following subjects are inappropriate: prices, discounts, or terms or conditions of sale; salaries; profits, profit margins, or cost data; market shares, sales territories, or markets; allocation of customers or territories; or selection, rejection, or termination of customers or suppliers.