Freeman is a process engineer with Bechtel, specializing in process safety. He received a BChE from Georgia Tech, MSChE from Rice Univ. and MBA from the Univ. of Houston. Leadership and service to AIChE:
- Committed to local sections, he has served the South Texas Section (STS) in many positions. As Chair in 1987, he led the STS through tough times, including resuming the annual regional conferences. He cofounded STS’s Young Professional Group and helped start STS’s employment program.
- Past Chair of the Career and Education Operating Council (CEOC), providing operating direction for local sections, student chapters, career services and educational programs.
- Treasurer of the Fuels and Petrochemicals Div.
- Original member of Prairie View A&M Univ.’s ChE Advisory Board; served as chair and continues on the Board
- Launched the initiative to provide websites for all local sections
- Lecturer for pre-conference courses and co-author of the award-winning AIChE book, “Refining Overview.”
Elected to the AIChE Board of Directors for 2011-2013 and served on the Finance Committee and the Constitution and Bylaws Committee,